Parade Information for Participating Organizations
Last Updated: April 22, 2018
The parade check-in process and pre-parade activities are offered at the Lowell National Historical Park Visitors Center: 247 Market Street, Lowell, MA 01852
Key Parade Times
Key times for parade participants:
- Check-In Begins: 11:30 am
- Pre-Parade Activities Begin: 11:30 am
- Line-Up begins and all participants must arrive before: 12:00 pm
- Parade Starts: 12:30 pm
- Parade Ends: between 12:45 pm and 1 pm
A note on Weather
The Lowell Earth Day Parade occurs rain or shine.
We will only cancel in the event of a significant or forecasted weather event so please come prepared. We will update this page with cancellation information and notify all or your primary contacts.
Please check the forecast in the days leading up to the event and be prepared for the unpredictable weather that accompanies spring in New England.
Parade Group Check-In & Arrival Time
Parade Check-In begins at 11:30 am with the Parade Organizers. Each participating group's primary point of contact should check in with the organizers when their whole group is present.
All participants should be onsite no later than 12 pm.
If you have kids or you are a kid-at-heart the National Park Service offers a variety of kid-friendly Pre-Parade activities to keep everyone happy and occupied until lineup begins. The activities will run between 11:30 am and 12:15 pm.
Line-up for the parade begins at 12 pm sharp.
Start Time & Route
The parade will leave the Lowell National Historical Park Visitors' Center via Market Street at 12:30 pm sharp.
This is a hard start time, with no exceptions, we have coordinated with the three law enforcement departments in the city-- Lowell Police Department, National Park Service Police Department, and the UMass Lowell Police Department.
- Start at the LNHP VC Plaza
- Cross Market St at the LNHP VC Plaza's arch
- Straight down Shattuck St (Opposite the direction of traffic)
- Right at Merrimack St
- Right at Central St
- Left at Hurd St
- End at UTEC
The route takes approximately 30-minutes to complete.
Special requests include among others:
- Will you have one or more floats, motor vehicles, human powered cycles, or other objects that are not standard pedestrians?
- Do you have a dance routine that requires the parade to periodically stop?
- Do you have audio or chanting as part of your parade ensemble routine?
Free Parking is available in the National Park Visitor’s Center Parking Lot accessible at the intersection of Broadway and Dutton Streets, Lowell, MA 01852